Welcome to another episode of Sit With: A Meditation and Contemplation Podcast. Today's episode has been designed for women, though anyone is invited and encouraged to practice. It's a sneak peak to what will be offered and explored in this year's Wise and Wild Women's Retreat in Sayulita, Mexico. This meditation invites you to connect to and nourish the source of the feminine, the creative, and the intuitive. It's an offering of breathing sweetly, moving freely, and expressing powerfully. We spend some time connecting heart to womb and then rocking the pelvic bowl forward and back and around in circles, churning and stirring the feminine pot. This is a practice of awakening and owning the power of creativity and intuition, and expressing fiercely through dance, painting, writing, speech, or simply being present.
May this practice nourish, heal, and inspire ourselves, families, communities, and societies.
Wise and Wild Women's Meditation Practice
- place hand over heart and breathe
- gently touch in and slide hand down to womb and breathe
- tilt pelvic bowl forward, reach your sitting bones back and allow belly to fall forward
- rock pelvic bowl back, reach your sitting bones forward and allow belly to fall back
- breathe sweetly and continue to rock forward back for a few minutes, inviting a softness and suppleness through low back
- start to churn in circles, stirring the feminine for another few minutes
- pause and notice what you feel