If you frequent a Vinyasa, Power, or any form of “Flow” class, chances are you are all-too familiar with Surya Namaskara (Sun Salutation), including the challenging chaturanga dandasana (low plank). These movements are so fundamental to these styles of yoga that they are not often broken down and taught outright.
In this workshop, students will develop a functional understanding of individual postures and the flowing links between them, including:
- Alignment and anatomy of individual postures, with special attention to chaturanga dandasana
- Beginner, intermediate, and advanced transitional movements, including jumping
- How to build strength and awareness to progress in transitional movements
- Movements and poses that help prepare the body for full postures and advanced transitions
- How to access the postures safely without straining wrists, elbows, shoulders, neck, and lower back
- Ways to modify sun salutation movements and postures for safety and ease
We will strip Sun Salutations and down to the core, examine the movements piece by piece, then rebuild and reintegrate them into practice, layer by layer. Sun Salutation variations, including origin and history, will be presented as well. The workshop will leave you with a safer approach and a stronger foundation of these crucial vinyasa movements.
This course provides 4 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF 500 and/or 4 Yoga Alliance® CEUs
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE
Tuition is $80, or $70 if you enroll on or before 3/10.
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this workshop. Alumni receive 15% off the regular price of this workshop.